Thursday, October 27, 2011

Costume Preview

This year I pretty much had to hit the jackpot with the girls' Halloween costumes. Grace, aka The Spider Queen, was lucky enough to get to borrow Emma's costume from last year (we will be very careful with it, I promise!!) and Bonnie's costume is a rip-off of one I saw for $50 on Zulily.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zulily and I am a very loyal customer, but when I saw that little ghost costume I knew I could make it myself for a lot less. At least the tutu part.

A little elastic band, some white tulle, and a $5 Target t-shirt (and a very generous best friend named Ceylese who has an embroidery machine) and volia! A ghost costume.


Corey's new office (did I ever mentioned that while selling a house, packing, buying a house, moving living with my parents, renovating, and moving again Corey changed jobs???)

Anyway, his new firm had a little Halloween party (seriously, another party!) for all of the families and the girls were beyond excited to get dressed up and go visit their daddy at work.

They got to go office door to office door and treat-or-treat, or "trick-or-cheese" as Bonnie liked to say.

Between the two of them, the girls have already collected an inordinate amount of candy.  I guess I'll just have to help them get rid of it.

After the party we went to dinner at Maggiano's.  Yum!