Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween...

Happy Halloween!  This morning, the girls woke up to discover that the Great Pumpkin (Grace has clearly been watching Charlie Brown) had left both of them a little bag of treats on the kitchen table.

Then, the countdown to costume time began...



We had a very busy day leading up to costume time.  I still had to get Corey his birthday present (a new pancake griddle) and go to the store to get chili fixins for his birthday dinner before nap time.  

Meanwhile, Bonnie picked today to have her very first ever bout with diarrhea.  I was hoping it would just happen a couple of times, but alas, it was a 24 hour ordeal.  Oh, and I also discovered a giant nail in my tire when we left to run our errands.

All that couldn't didn't slow us down one bit, though (nevermind my little temper tantrum amid the chaos), and once Mimi and Gramps arrived we were off to the costume party.  Have I ever mentioned how much we LOVE our new neighborhood?!









Grace with her new neighbor and (boy)friend, Alex







After the party we hit the streets of the hood with our new neighbors and loaded the kids up with plenty of candy to feed me, er, them for the next month.

And what a way to make a great first impression but to knock on a neighbor's (that I had only just met 10 minutes prior) door so that Bonnie could use her facilities.  Remember the diarrhea?  Luckily, there were no accidents, but...EMBARRASSING!




One more thing about Bonnie.  While she was walking up to a house to trick-or-treat, she tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and landed face first on the pavement.  Poor girl had a very rough day.  You might be able to notice the giant strawberry in the middle of her forehead in the next post...