Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day Lake Pictures - Day 1

As promised, here are the many, many pictures I took of our awesome lake weekend with the Pittmans!

The girls had a lot of "firsts" on this trip, and we are so thankful to have such great friends to share in these memories.  We wouldn't have done any of these things without them!



Ready to jump in that lake!


Mackenzie and Blake's Memaw and Papaw's house is a LOT of fun.  They have a trampoline that actually floats in the lake!  All the kiddos (and Clay) spent a lot of time bouncing...




...and swimming...





...and bouncing.


Beautiful view.





The boat house has an upper deck that is really fun to jump off of.  Not.  Mackenzie is a pro at it, but Grace was a little skittish so Corey helped her out a little.  She later did it all by herself 3 times!  I only had to demonstrate twice (no photos of that scene, sorry) before she finally agreed to go it alone.



The kids fed the ducks and the fish, too...


...and then we went tubing!  This marked the "first" of the girls' "firsts."  Bonnie did not participate as she was snoozing back at the house.

I will admit that I was a nervous wreck watching Grace and Mackenzie in that tube all by themselves knowing that there was 40 feet of water below them.  I was a swimmer in my younger years, too, so you'd think I would be all about my kids and water sports.  Go figure.

Papaw kept the speed of the boat nice and slow in spite of the girls' efforts to get him to speed up.  I was very glad about that.  And the girls had a blast in spite of my nervousness.  I was very glad about that, too.





So far away from the boat!

Sweet hat.

Brad and his Mini Me!







Wedding slideshow photo???



I was much more comfortable when it was my turn to tube with Grace, although Ceylese was less than pleased to join us.  I may have had to beg her just a little bit to go, and as soon as we got settled in the tube she said, "this is how much I like you."  What are best friends for?!




Next, it was Papaw's turn...





As soon as we got back to the house it was time for Bonnie to wake up.  And boy was she ready to hit the lake.  On a jet ski.  She LOVED it.




I should also mention that it was both girls' first time on a boat, and they both loved it.  Much to Corey's chagrin, I also love taking boat rides.  On a lake.  I think we need a boat.  And a lake house...


Another wedding slideshow photo op?