You'd think I was trying to win some sort of award for getting out the Slip 'n' Slide and the mini blow-up pool this morning.
Maybe I was.
Or maybe I am just intentionally ignoring the fact that we are moving in one month and I have an entire house to pack.
Either way, the girls didn't care. They were just thrilled that they got to splash around for 2 hours this morning outside without their daddy having to be there to help their mommy get everything set up (and then subsequently put away).
I had all of these visions of my packing process going exceptionally smoothly. I thought that if I did a little bit every day we'd be in really good shape. The problem is, I can't pack everything at once and that is driving me absolutely crazy.
I thought that I'd be able to go room by room and place everything neatly in little boxes labeled "Kitchen" and "Family Room" and "Playroom," but I've found that you can only do that to a certain extent (especially when there are children running rampant all day). I liken it to packing for a trip - you have to wait until the morning you leave before you can finish packing and by that time you're just sort of throwing things in bags.
I was complaining about it to my best friend, Ceylese, the other day and she just said, "Moving is not for organized people."
Truer words have never been spoken.
