Thursday, February 25, 2010

When one gets it...

you can bet your bottom dollar that the other one will, too. Poor Bonnie. We spent this past Sunday at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta where Bonnie was diagnosed with Croup. After a 3 hour wait and a dose of oral steroid they sent us on our way.

She seemed to be doing better until yesterday afternoon. The coughing just would not stop. Then, I thought I heard wheezing. I called the doctor to try to get the last appointment of the day because, of course, things like this only happen after hours. Luckily, they still had an opening so off we went. Thank you very much Mom and Dad for staying with Grace.

Unfortunately, this was not a fun visit. Not that going to the doctor is ever particularly pleasant, but this one was definitely our worst to date. Not only did Bonnie have to have a breathing treatment, but I, not the nurse or the doctor, had to hold the mask over her face. For 15 minutes. While she screamed and tried to rip it off. Oh, and also the nurse took off and left us by ourselves the entire time. We both cried and I don't think I've ever apologized to someone so much in my life. The good news is that the nebulizer helped, and the doctor sent us home with an inhaler and told me that this is just a virus that needs to run its course. Phew!! What a day. Now we'll spend today and probably tomorrow indoors playing a lot of dress-up!

Grace has already gotten us started...

Still getting good use out of the $$$ Kelly's Kids dress


SUCH a girly-girl!

but I think Bon will get to spend the day in her jammies.

Smiley and sweet even when she's sick

On a side note, I've had to reinstate Gracie's afternoon nap. She's just not quite able to make it through the day without one yet. I'm not too upset about it, though!