Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pancake Saturday!

I recently had to eliminate Grace's daily nap. Even if she only slumbered for an hour, it would take hours for her to fall asleep at night. On the night she didn't fall asleep until 11:30, I decided that the naps had to go. It was not an easy decision, as I cherished the one hour of quiet time I got to enjoy every day.

Yesterday, however, was an exception. Grace has had a little cold this past week, and she was up and at 'em at 5:15 yesterday morning! As much as I knew I would pay for it at bedtime, she had to take a nap. Turns out I was right. She wanted nothing to do with going to bed. Luckily, it happened to be Friday night and we have a little weekend tradition at our house that Corey has affectionately named Pancake Saturday. Once I told her that the faster she fell asleep the sooner Pancake Saturday would be here, it was off to dreamland.

A good cook always accessorizes


Stir, stir, stir


"How am I doing?"


Yummy!!!


"May I have some pancakes? Look at how cute I am!"