Monday, February 15, 2010

Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!

This past weekend, Grace and I had the opportunity to go to Disney World with our best friends. It was a last minute trip, so packing and getting ready was a little hectic, but I'm sure glad we got to go! So what if we missed the snow in Atlanta...we were at the happiest place on Earth...in the pouring rain! Well, it only rained for a few hours on Friday. We didn't care, though, because it was so much fun!

After a VERY long drive, we kicked off our trip with dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. It was fantastic, and the girls loved looking at all the animals throughout the restaurant. The adults loved the glass of wine served with dinner.

Mackenzie and Grace in front of the gigantic fish tank


Ceylese, Mackenzie, Erica and Gracie


Grace could not have been more excited to meet Mickey. What a surprise to find Minnie and Mickey together when they opened the doors to their autograph room! She ran right up to them yelling, "Mickey! Minnie! Hi! I'm so glad to see you! I'm Gracie!" It was worth all the rain we had to run through to get to them.

World's most famous couple...and Gracie!


Suffice it to say Small World was a big hit. There were "no pirates and no tunnels", unlike Pirates of the Caribbean, which I took her on first. Who would have thought a 2 year old wouldn't like that? I quickly decided to stick with rides that didn't feature Captain Jack Sparrow. Also, I love Small World and was a little sad that we only got to ride it twice. The line was really long. Guess I'm not the only one who loves it!

"It's a world of laughter..."


Something that absolutely shocked me was Grace's fondness for the Barnstormer. If you're not familiar with the Barnstormer, it is a roller coaster in Toon Town. She saw Mackenzie ride it and begged for me to let her go, too. I figured since I'd already traumatized her with Pirates of the Caribbean, I might as well let her have a go at this one, too. She only whined a little the first time we rode it. The next four times (that's right, 4) she held her hands up in the air and screamed, "This is SO much fun! I'm not scared at all!"

Grace is tall enough to ride, but her pants might not be!


We had such a great trip with Ceylese and Mackenzie and can't wait to go back with Bonnie and Daddy next time! See you real soon!

So tired and so sad to leave