Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I'm buck-ed naked"

Every night, and every day for that matter, we follow a pretty structured routine. We do this because it keeps everyone well fed, well rested, and well, just happy.

Grace follows this routine to an OCD, er, to a T. Every night she goes potty, brushes her teeth and gets a bath. Getting her jammies on is when the real fun begins. After she gets out of the tub, I wrap her up in a hooded towel and she walks to her room. Once we get to her room she says the same thing to me that she says every night. Every night.

"Mom. You laugh and I will 'wrap' myself off and do the buck-ed naked dance. Okay?"

Then, I am required to laugh (not sure why this part comes first) then she rips her towel off in true flasher form and proceeds to dance around her room while singing, "I'm buck-ed naked! I'm buck-ed naked! I'm buck-ed naked!" She has recently added "I'm wearing jeans" to her repertoire as well. I have no clue where that part came from. Oh, the things that girl comes up with!


Also tonight, while we were sitting at dinner, Grace looked right at me and said "Mom, you're a genius."

Truer words have never been spoken, my sweet girl. ;)