Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

Yesterday, I decided that this weather had been keeping us inside for too long. As you'll see in the following pictures, we were all starting to go stir crazy. So, after Bonnie woke up from her nap, I packed everyone up and we headed to Sally Beauty Supply and Hobby Lobby. I know, I know, stop with all the fun, right?! But, I discovered this week that I know how to make hair bows, and I needed supplies to create my masterpieces for the girls. I may be a teeny bit obsessed...I made 11 last night. Yes, on Friday night, I stayed at home and hot glued ribbon to alligator clips. For 3 hours. In my defense, Corey was playing poker with the boys, so it was either clean the house or make bows. I chose bows.

But, I digress. Before we reached our first destination, I drove through McDonalds - a special Friday treat. Grace ate her McNuggets in the car. Eating in the car was something I swore I'd never allow. That rule has recently gone out the window because if I waited until everyone ate and napped, we'd never leave the house. I decided to bring her apple slices into Hobby Lobby with us. You know, to be more efficient. As we're perusing the ribbon aisle, Grace says in a not-so-quiet yet very pathetic voice that the 10 people shopping around us could hear, "Mommy, may I have another apple slice...pretty please with sugar on top...I'm SOOOOO hungry!" I was pretty sure someone was going to call child and family services. We left shortly thereafter.



Child and Family Services would have a field day with this one where I'm making the poor, starving thing sweep my pantry! I even made her dress up like Cinderella to get the full effect. No, she actually dressed herself and asked me to move George's food container so that she could "clean" in there. She's learning well!