Friday, July 30, 2010

"It's Germy!"

We were on our way to Ceylese's house this morning for a play date. Grace and Bonnie were having their usual conversation where Grace makes a noise or sings the tune of a song and Bonnie copies her. It's a real treat for the ears bright and early in the morning. Actually, I don't mind it at all (in fact, I like it), but they are VERY loud.

We were almost to our destination and Grace was going on and on to Bonnie about something very important I'm sure, when all of a sudden she gasped and yelled, "It's germy! It's germy! Listen, Bon! IT'S GERMY!"

I nearly drove off the road. "Don't Stop Believin' " by Journey had been playing on the radio and was about halfway through when she had her revelation.

At least the child recognizes good music when she hears it. If you're a Journey fan, that is. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to have this song in my head for at least the rest of the night!